Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Christ has Risen! He had Risen INDEED! Hallelujah! As we continue our journey through the Easter Season for 40 days until Ascension on May 21st and 50 days to the Festival of Weeks (Shavuot) or Pentecost on May 31, I wanted to let you know what is happening.
1. On Wednesday evening we had our 1 John study on chapter 4. Thank you to those who joined us on Zoom and Facebook Live! Please join us tomorrow (Saturday afternoon) at 1:30 on zoom for our Prayer Meeting then at 4pm for the Sunday EVE Devotion, this time on John 14:15-21. https://www.facebook.com/bryanschindel
2. Thank you to everyone who has been joining us each Sunday. I look forward to this Sunday when we begin "phase 1" of "reopening," please read the newsletter announcement or our website http://www.crossandres.org for information on this policy. I will be continuing our Sermon series on 1 Peter "the Letter for the suffering 5. Real Blessings!" Please watch us at 10:40am Sunday on http://facebook.com/crossandreslutheran
3..We continue our Study on 1 John each Wednesday. We are still using Zoom for interaction and facebook live plus youtube live for the study. Check out on www.crossandres.org. Please check it out and invite people to join us this coming Wednesday at 6:30pm at Zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86475447932 After our 1 John study is complete this coming Wednesday. I have signed up for us to have an Alpha Course online which will begin at 6:30pm on Wednesday May 20th. (Please invite your friends and family to join us)
4. We will have a special Devotion and Service on Thursday, May 21, for the Ascension of Lord Day. Please join us at 7pm for this special Service.
5. Please remember to join our Prayer Meeting tomorrow- Saturday at 1:30pm, in Prayer for the church, world, government and those who need prayers. Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81196999863?pwd=WVBjc254TGh3VGJGN2FMZHlRdlZjUT09 Meeting ID: 811 9699 9863 Password: 140261.
6. On May 24th, Ascension Sunday (7th Sunday of Easter) Doug Campbell, Director of Hope Clinic will be sharing with us.
7. Normally on Pentecost Sunday, which is May 31st this year, we have Confirmation. WE are thrilled to announce that Lauren Varblow will celebrate First Communion on Pentecost Sunday! The Elders asked that we postpone Confirmation so the Johnsons and Varblows may invite family and friends to celebrate with our Confirmands. So we are postponing until June at this time. We will send more information as things proceed.
8. As the Governor has extended her stay at home order until at least May 28th, with the exception of Religious Houses of Worship, we will continue to offer many ways to communicate online. We continue to reach and help our members and community. We continue to collect gifts for Hope Clinic, (still in need of donations!) make and deliver masks and as well, we continue to serve people with the Agape Fund. Thank you to Ellen for organizing the masks. Thank you to Paul and Joanne and their whole team for the Food Ministry, which unfortunately got canceled! FOOD MINISTRY IS CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE! Paul said they are hoping to start back up in the near future. We will keep you informed. Please pray for guidance and wisdom on how to serve our community!
We are also continuing to serve in the Congregation. I have offered many personal services to many as well as been texting and emailing many.Thank you to our faithful leadership teams! We are utilizing Zoom. Tomorrow at 9:30 we will have our Elders Meeting on Zoom. FYI: The Admin Team has received the money for the Payroll Protection Plan loan from the Small Business Administration. We have 8 weeks to spend it and then apply for forgiveness of the loan in the future. Thank you for your prayers.
AGAIN, I wanted to THANK everyone for their faithfulness in mailing in gifts! We also have an online option on the website. I am humbled, blessed and amazed by those who have sent in offerings by checks in the mail and through their banks who mail them to us. I do not open the mail, they go directly into the safe, but I know they are offerings!
(We personally use the www.kindrid.com option on the website but all of these methods are allowing us to weather this unique situation.)
Please continue to BE THE CHURCH by taking care of your families, neighbors and others. This may mean being isolated in close proximity or by staying home so the virus is not shared. I do so appreciate all of those who have been helping in providing prayer, support, Agape Ministry, mask making etc... Well done, good and faithful servants!
Please continue to pray for our faith family as we recognize the POWER of PRAYER. Please pray for all of our family who are in need of healing and peace!
In conclusion, please join us on //fb.com/crossandreslutheran Sunday at 10:40am. Please note these services will be available at any time after the live presentation ends on our youtube.com/pastorbryans channel or on www.crossandres.org. Also on the website you can find links to print or view the Order of Services for these services. We will be using Zoom to fellowship after the Service on Sunday.
If you are need of Prayer, Food, Holy Communion or other needs please call or email me firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-474-1626
Thank you so very much to Annaliese, Ellen, Chris, Jake, Peter, Sam, (and all worship team members) Don, Bruce, Ricke Jr. and others who have helped with the Sunday Services, your help is very appreciated! We are looking forward to seeing more "in-person" on Sunday.
Love you all and pray for you!
Love in Christ our RISEN Lord,